Welcome to the exciting world of a Medical Office Administrator!
A medical Office Administrator is the nerve center of the medical office and is the first person patients see when they come in. The administrator is responsible for all activities necessary for the smooth daily operation of the medical practice, clinic or a hospital department as well as assuring timely compensation for services.
Medical Office Can Not Run without an Administrator!
NHA tests are conducted in all BCI locations.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services administrators is projected to grow 23 % from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the healthcare industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for medical services. While the duties vary from office to office, here is a quick overview of general duties.
Who is hiring medical office administrators?
- Hospitals are hiring
- Clinics are hiring
- Private Physician offices are hiring
- Insurance companies are hiring
- Law office are hiring
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Using medical software
- Answering telephones
- Greeting patients
- Updating and filing patient medical records
- Insurance Claims Processing
- Scheduling appointments
- Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
- Taking medical histories
- Vital Signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
Perfect for those that wish to help others without hands on clinical care