BCI’s dental assistant program is a great way for students looking to enter the dentistry field to gain the education and experience required to enter this growing field. Dental assistants are the lifeblood of any successful dental practice. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the treatment room for patient examination
- Directly interacting with dental patients, greeting them and making them feel welcome
- Sterilizing, delivering and positioning dental and medical instruments in the treatment room
- Management of patient dental and medical records for housekeeping and appointment purposes
- Management of office supplies, including purchasing new dental supplies and instruments for use
- Educating patients on general oral hygiene and providing post-appointment/surgery instructions
These are just some of the many day-to-day tasks for which dental assistants are responsible. The term “assistant” is somewhat misleading – dental assistants play almost as large of a role as dentists do in the success of a practice. Dental assistants wear many hats, and their daily responsibilities often change as high-priority items arise in the office. Since dental assistants have so many responsibilities, they often gain valuable experience in the dentistry field in just a few months. Moreover, since dental assistants often work closely with dentists, a large number of assistants eventually become dentists themselves, or even run their own practice!
At BCI, our dental assistant program fully prepares students so that they may hit the ground running upon completing the program. Many of our dental assistant program graduates have enjoyed long and successful careers in the dentistry field. We provide students with internship opportunities at well-known dental comapnies such as Gentle Dental and Aspen Dental to supplement their education and give them
Interested in entering this growing, fast-paced field? Contact us today for more information!