Welcome to the first day of your new future in healthcare!
Join this amazing field today and enjoy a rewarding career with awesome growth potential.
Dentistry is a union of healthcare and beauty. Gone are the days of just going to see the dentist for a toothache! Today we know that taking care of your teeth improves your overall health, appearance and emotional wellbeing.
Dentists treat diseases of the mouth, sleep disorders, malnutrition as well as improve appearance and self-esteem of millions of people in the United States. Imagine being a part of the team that takes away pain and brings joy and beauty to the consumer with virtually instant results. If you love health and beauty and wish to be a part of this amazing field, take the first step today and see us.
The Dental Assistant
Dental assistants are highly skilled professionals that greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality dental care. Dental Assistants work hand in hand with dentists of all specialties as well as dental hygienists.
Your success is assured – Learn to Earn!
We have trained thousands of gainfully employed assistants since 2002 and set them on the path to success and further education in dental hygiene and office management.
We will train you in a wide range of clinical skills necessary to function effectively in a dental office and then set you up with a clinical internship where you will work with dentists, hygienists and experienced dental assistants who will help mold you into a highly skilled dental health professional.
Advanced Dental Assistant Course
Dental Assisting is a comprehensive didactic and hands on course of study in general dental
assisting designed to develop thorough knowledge and key clinical competencies as defined by
the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry. Upon successful completion students will
be eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as dental assistants.
Since many dentists employ two or more dental assistants, employment opportunities in this field are excellent. The types of practice settings available to dental assistants include:
- Single dentist practices (practices with only one dentist)
- Group practices (practices with two or more dentists)
- Specialty practices, such as General Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Pediatrics, Orthodontics and many more.
- Public health dentistry (schools and clinics / Community Dentistry)
- Hospital dental clinics
- Dental School clinics
- Other career opportunities for dental assistants include insurance companies, dental product sales representatives and teaching to name a few.
The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Medical history
- Vital Signs and blood pressures
- Serving as an infection control officer
- Sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Patient Education
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients’ teeth
- Office management
- Appointment scheduling and Billing