Welcome to BCI
Thank you for selecting BCI as your school of choice for reaching your immediate career goals in healthcare.
• BCI is a Not for Profit Career School Licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Professional Licensure (DPL).
• BCI / Boston Career Institute has been providing high quality Allied Health Training since 2002, graduating over 10,000 students.
• BCI graduates have established themselves in the medical and dental community as some of the finest assistants and technicians in the industry.
• BCI Provides Hands-On Training in a Realistic Clinical Setting where skills are practiced live under the supervision of licensed, caring instructors with many years of experience.
• BCI has over 250 clinical internship sites including some of the most prestigious hospitals, clinics and private practices.
• BCI is an excellent place for all people who wish to gain meaningful employment in the shortest time possible without incurring debt.
• BCI provides a safe place for adult learners of all ages.
• “NO STUDENT LEFT BEHIND POLICY” BCI works with every student to complete the program regardless of personal challenges.
• Perfect Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
• ZERO complaint rating with the Massachusetts Department of Professional Licensure (DPL).
• BCI partners with the Federal Government in providing the M1 and M2 visas through the SEVIS program.
The official mission of BCI is to bring skill based education to all persons wanting Careers in allied health care.
BCI has become an established institution in the Boston regional area. Our Students are typically commuter in nature. A typical student lives and/or works within 25 miles from the campus, maintains a job and family responsibilities.
BCI works with employers so as to make our program offerings relevant!
In an ongoing effort to maintain this relevancy, BCI convenes an advisory panel composed of members from the local chamber of commerce, Alumni, Intern Proctors, Employers, and other feeder schools and agencies. This panel ensures that a constant oversight and adjustment to our curricula is maintained. The institution uses established curricula that have been reviewed by administrative and educational committees. Additionally, instructors are permitted and encouraged to submit new course syllabi and have them reviewed for instructional implementation.
Students, while completing their internship, are mentored in resume’ submissions, and introduced to potential local area employers. It is possible that students convert their internship assignments into full time employment. The remaining completers typically self-identify job opportunities. BCI endeavors to interact with the employment efforts regardless of the source of the opportunity.
Career development professionals, on staff at the institution, prepare placement guideline recommendations for every student. This is done with input from the instructors. They provide written and interactive support for the student in the job placement activity. Employers are provided with the faculty contact information and are invited to provide feedback to the instructors regarding the student placed with them.
BCI leases space of appropriate type facilities in suburban/urban settings. Classrooms are of adequate size and configuration for the students to have an appropriate experience. Labs are equipped with equipment suitable for the course work and meet all state codes. Students are provided with adequate facilities for leisure and study time. However, the institution does not provide any residential facilities, as the institute is commuter oriented. Both the Main campus and the satellite present a safe and stimulating environment.
All employees, staff, and students are governed by health and safety standards for their work. Additionally all employees and staff have in-force health coverage. The institute maintains a mandatory accident and injury reporting system, which requires immediate documentation of all incidents.
· BCI provides full paid in Tuition refunds to students who withdraw prior to their program commencement date (Not including the administrative fee).
· The student shall receive a partial refund, 50% of their Tuition paid subject to a minimum retained tuition of $500.00, if they withdraw after commencement and within the first 2 weeks. No refund shall be given after such time.
· The student acknowledges that the $50.00 administrative fee is not subject to refund at any time.
· Refunds are computed and processed within 2 weeks of notification of withdrawal from the class.
· BCI is a not for profit school; as such, it is not subject to refund provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 255 Section 13k.